Thursday, May 14, 2009

My garden update

My garden is actually in complete shambles, for many reasons really, the biggest of which is probably that I don't know what I'm doing and I don't have much time to do it. I've got a decent sized aphid problem on my daisies, jasmine, and even on my sage. Leafhoppers are making minced-meat out of my herbs - rosemary is infested, oregano is getting there, and they're even going after my mint! My lantana has fungus and has grown to look like a big spider. And my daisies have decided that they are going to make a power play to take over the rest of the garden, aphids and all.

Yet.... despite all of this... I have good news to report. I opened the door yesterday to go get the mail, and when I did, I was startled to see something big move into my field of vision. It took me a second to adjust (I didn't know whether or not to run at it or away from it) but then I realized - I had a hummingbird floating right in front of me. What a feeling! He stayed for only a few seconds before taking off. I was sad that I scared it away, but I was pretty happy to have seen it in my garden. Perhaps I AM doing something right after all!

I just wanted to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment