Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Who Owns Organic

Who Owns Organic is a very interesting chart showing corporate ownership of popular organic brands that you might find in your local supermarket or Whole Foods. I don't know how to process this information or if it should change how I feel about some of these brands, but at the very least it makes me feel similar to how I did when I found out that Cascadian Farms has been a General Mills brand for over a decade.

Most surprising for me (although I'm not sure why - I guess I should have paid more attention) are:

Alexia Foods owned by Con-Agra,
Odwalla owned by Coca-Cola,
Naked owned by Pepsi, and
Kashi owned by Kellogg

Does finding out the corporate ownership behind these "feel-good" food companies make YOU feel any differently about them? Should it?

No comments:

Post a Comment